MRSA Decontamination Cleaning Ottawa
What is MRSA?
MRSA, (methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus), is a form of bacterial infection that is resistant to numerous antibiotics including methicillin, amoxicillin, penicillin and oxacillin, thus making it challenging to treat the infection successfully.
What Are Symptoms and Possible Risks?
S. aureus can cause skin infections including:
- Wound infections.
Staph bacteria can also enter the body, and invade the bloodstream through broken or damaged skin or during medical procedures, and can cause infections and resulting conditions that range from mild to severely life-threatening. These conditions may include:
- Septicemia (blood poisoning)
- Pneumonia (lung infection)
- Osteomyelitis (bone infection)
- Endocarditis (heart valve infection)
- Urinary tract infection (e.g.. bladder infection)
- Septic bursitis (small fluid-filled sacs under the skin).
Who is at risk?
People most at risk of developing health care-associated MRSA in the hospital include those that have:
- Weakened immune systems
- Open wounds
- A catheter or intravenous drip inserted
- Burns or cuts to the skin surface
- Severe skin conditions
- Had surgery
- Frequent antibiotics as part of their treatment.
If you or a Loved One Has Been Diagnosed With a MRSA Infection and Requires Their Home To be Completely Disinfected, Eco-Pro is Ottawa’s Most Qualified Bio-hazard Cleaning Service.
We Have the Proper Training, Products, Equipment and Procedures To Ensure the Home is Sanitized and is Safe.
Please Call us Directly at 613-276-8667 For More information.